Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Adventures in Graphica - Resource Book


I purchased this book to help me prepare for the 2009-2010 school year. It has been well worth the cost and has helped me maximize the graphic theme. Drawing on recent research and his own success using graphica (comics and graphic novels) with elementary readers, literacy coach Terry Thompson helps teachers utilize this medium. He demonstrates how it fits into literacy frameworks and correlates with best practices in comprehension, vocabulary, and fluency instruction. His ideas provide great ways for motivating and engaging reluctant readers as well, which is one of the main reasons I chose graphics as my theme for this school year - all kids are standing in line to read the graphic novels!


Adventures in Graphica: Using Comics and Graphic Novels to Teach Comprehension by Terry Thompson




No comments:

Post a Comment